Kumihimo Adventures

I have been trying out Kumihimo lately:

      Kits and Kumihimo materials have been showing up in the local craft stores lately, so I picked up a loom to play around. Here are the results. This bracelet was the result of a happy accident in measuring incorrectly. I was frustrated it was too short, until I remembered I had the matching beads in my stash. This may be the beginning of a new series!
     Here's a Tip: An easy way to remember is to cut your eight cords 3 X the length that you want your bracelet to be. So since I use four doubled cords, I would recommend cutting 4 cords 6 X the measurement of your wrist. (You can make it an inch shorter to accommodate the clasp.)
Bracelet: Beaded with Kumihimo


This necklace is made with red-orange, black and white rat-tail cord. The butterfly focal is dyed Howlite and is finished with bead cones and chain, which makes it adjustable at the back of the neck. I am finding that point in making a braid where you are comfortable with the pattern and can do it while riding in the car or listening to TV - I find it relaxing and Zen-like. Next up, I will be making a flat braid bracelet.



Necklace: Kumihimo with Howlite Butterfly pendant

1 comment:

  1. I love kumihimo, but had never thought of combining it with beads like your bracelet. It's lovely, great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughtful comments always appreciated! Your comment will be visible after moderation by me. :)