Some beads in my Bead Hoard

I have many choices in my bead stash to draw from for the Bead Hoarders blog hop. Here are some pretty glass beads and a string of a bead mix that would make a pretty necklace. The bead mix is a strand of Color Splash beads from early this spring at Michaels. The glass beads are from the same store, from Bead Gallery beads and coordinates nicely with one of the beads of the mix. These would be nice as a short, about 22 inch necklace. And of course, I would set aside a few for earrings, too.
I like the color combination of the turquoise shades with the golden amber crystals and the square ceramic beads.
The next group of beads is from Jo Ann and was inspired by the very cute ceramic owl beads. The yellow beads are a matte finish glass, and the bronze pearly ones are also glass. I thought these beads were such a great neutral and so versatile, that I ordered three more strands. I think they will go with several colorways of beads that I love to collect. I added the orange ceramic beads in although I'm not sure how I will use them. The color could be overpowering, if I use too many.
With this group of beads, I have several design ideas, one would be a symmetrical necklace using one owl as a focal, and some dangles hanging from the owl. Another idea would be an asymmetrical boho style, inspired by the feel of the jewelry in Lorelei Eurto's new book Bohemian-Inspired Jewelry.  {interweavestore.com/bohemian-inspired-jewelry.} Fortunately, I have enough owls, I could probably do both and a few more! If you have used similar bird beads, what did you do with them? Feel free to share a link to your favorite designs!

~ Louise ~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soup's ON!: Bead Soup Blog Party #8 Reveal

Grow Your Blog Party and Blog Hop

Bead Hoarders Blog Hop - Reveal: